Need more details?
Review our resources list or give us a call today.
Deliveries and Parcels
Packages have a way of arriving when you’re not home. To help out, we are happy to accept parcels delivered by UPS, Fed-ex or any other delivery services on your behalf.
Renter's Insurance is required of our residents. It protects your personal property if anything happens, and may pay for any damage or loss to the apartment property. Like everyone at our community, you are responsible for damage or loss to apartment property, and your person caused by fire, vandalism, water damage, and other injurious acts or crime. Please contact the leasing office for more information.
Important Telephone Numbers
Emergency Services: 911
Police Department: 317-327-3811
Fire Department: 317-334-0176
Northview Middle School & Westlane Middle School (*If applicable)
North Central High School
Within 72 hours of your service request (excluding weekends), a Landmark associate will respond. If special parts or outside services are required, we’ll take care of those arrangements for you and complete your request as quickly as possible. To make sure you get the service you deserve, please direct all requests to the Landmark office. We’ll do everything we can to solve the problem.
Our on-call maintenance technician will be happy to assist you with the following 24-hour emergency items:
- No electricity throughout the apartment
- No water throughout the apartment
- No heat in extremely cold temperatures (60 degrees or below)
- Water coming into your apartment (i.e. flooding, leaks, etc.)
- Toilet not working (if you only have one bathroom)
- Possibilities of fire from electrical sparks, burning odor, or detection of smoke. If a fire occurs, call 911 first!
- Anytime your apartment security is compromised (i.e. broken window, damaged lock, etc.)
If you are experiencing a life-threatening emergency, please dial 911!
- Determine if there is an area power failure and that your electricity payments are up to date.
- Check your circuit breakers. Turn them all to the “OFF” position, then turn to the “ON” position.
- Call our office if an area power failure is not evident and step two does not restore power.
- Turn off the “shut off” valve nearest the fixture. Note: To do so, turn the shut-off valve a quarter to the right.
- Do not use fixture.
*Call our office.
Keys and Locks
If you are locked out of your apartment during normal business hours, please contact the leasing office. We will be happy to provide you with a key with proper photo identification. If you are locked out during non-business hours, please contact a local locksmith.
If you require pest control service, please contact our leasing office and we will be happy to schedule a pest control appointment for you. You will be asked to secure all pets during this pest control visit.
A GFCI outlet shuts off electric power to that outlet when there is too much power being used. You can push the RESET button on the middle of the outlet to turn the power back on. Please call the office if it does not reset.
Light Bulb Replacement
When you move in your apartment will be fully equipped with light bulbs in all of the permanent fixtures.
Please purchase the necessary light bulbs, and if you need assistance simply submit a service request for the maintenance team to install the new bulb for you. If you have any questions regarding types of bulbs or how to change a light bulb, please don’t hesitate to contact the leasing office. We are happy to help!
Dogs and cats are welcome at Landmark but we do have a few restrictions:
- All pets must be registered at the leasing office.
- We allow up to two pets per apartment.
- We do not accept Pit Bulls, Dobermans, or Rottweilers.
- Your dog must be leashed and under your control at all times when outside your apartment.
- You must pick up your pet’s waste each time you take him or her out. A $100 clean up fee will be charged to pet owners that do not clean up after their pet.
- Pets are not to ever be left unattended outside or on the balcony/patio of your apartment.
- Cats must remain inside your apartment or be leashed, or in a carrier, when outside.
- An aquarium is fine, but if it holds more than 50 gallons of water, we need you to have insurance for it.
- For the community’s rules about other types of pets, please check with the office. We’ll be happy to provide more information.
All vehicles parked in community parking areas must be in working condition and have current registration tags. Additionally, we must ask that if you do not intend to operate your vehicle for an extended period of time that you park in less premium parking spaces as a courtesy to your neighbors. Vehicles in violation of the following guidelines will be towed without notice at the owner’s expense:
- Abandoned vehicles and disabled cars
- Vehicles with expired license plates
- Vehicles parked in fire lanes
- Vehicles parked in handicap zones
- Vehicles blocking the trash compacter or other vehicles
Bicycles and Motorcycles
Bicycles and motorcycles are welcome in our community. We ask that all bicycles are kept inside your apartment or storage area and that motorcycles are properly parked and follow the same guidelines for all other vehicles.
Caring for Your Apartment
Your apartment must be kept cleaned and maintained during your residency with us. Trash will need to be taken out at least once a week and placed in the appropriate receptacles.
Caring for Your Community
One of the things our residents find most attractive about Landmark is the simplicity, consistency and cleanliness of how our buildings look. Maintaining that look requires everyone’s cooperation, and as a result, the community does not allow the installation of wires, aerials, radio or television antennas, clotheslines, or other lines on roofs, patios, balconies, windows, or any part of the building or premises.
Disturbances and Noises
Noise can be a nuisance, and at Landmark, we ask all of our residents to be considerate of their neighbors when entertaining, using their television or stereo, or using appliances and vacuum cleaners late at night. If you reside in an upstairs apartment that also means avoiding running, jumping, or slamming doors.
If you are experiencing a noise concern, please let our leasing staff know and we will address the issue promptly.
Please take all trash to the trash compactor. All trash much be placed in bags and tied. Once all items have been placed inside the compactor please close and lock the door. Next to the compactor we also have recycling bins.
Grounds and Breezeways
We try to keep the grounds and public areas clean, neat and attractive for everyone to enjoy. Some basic community guidelines to help us stay beautiful are:
- Please make sure your garbage goes straight from your apartment to the community trash receptacle. We do not allow bags of trash to be left in hallways, common areas, or patios.
- Please take care to clear personal belongings from outside your front door. We love to see a standard front door mat, potted plant, and seasonal decor gracing your entry, but anything else doesn’t really help in our community efforts to keep things looking neat and clean.
- Please remember that smoking is not allowed in our common areas or hallways.
- Finally, please show respect for landscaped areas, shrubbery, and trees. We work hard to keep the grounds looking great and appreciate your help in keeping them that way.
Patios and Balconies
Balconies and patios shall be kept neat and clean at all times. No rugs, towels, laundry, clothing, appliances, or other items shall be stored, hung or draped on railings or other portions of balconies or patios.
For your peace of mind, door-to-door solicitation isn’t allowed. If a solicitor makes it to your door, please refer them to our office. We’ll take care of it.
Weapons and Firearms
Displaying or discharging fireworks, guns, slingshots, or any type of firearm or weapon is strictly prohibited. Violation of this policy by any resident, occupant, or guest may result in the immediate termination of the lease contract.
Community Recreation and Amenities
Located on the northwest side of Indianapolis, we have the best location just minutes from Downtown Indianapolis, Broad Ripple Village, and just around the corner from St. Vincent’s hospital! Landmark Apartments is the only community on the northwest side to offer a relaxing swimming pool, tennis court & volleyball court, 24 hour fitness center, On-site Bark Park for your pets to enjoy, and an amazing pond or woods view right from your patio or balcony. Did I mention we are completely gated!
Rent Payment, Lease Agreement, and Fees
Rent Payment Guidelines
Please make your rent payments by personal check, certified check or money order, or through our online payment system. You are welcome to drop off rent checks in the office, or for after-hours payment, please use our rent drop box.
- Cash and partial payments cannot be accepted.
- Remember to clearly write your apartment number on the check or money order.
- Delinquent rent payments are subject to late charges, as well as, legal fees and court costs. If rent has not been received by the 5th day of the month, a late fee of $50 will be due on the morning of the 6th day. You will also be charged $5 each additional day until rent is paid in full.
- Bank returned checks will not be re-deposited. In addition to late charges, the resident incurs a N.S.F. charge of $35 over and above the amount of the check as well as the late fees.
- Checks returned by the bank must be redeemed within 48 hours with a cashier’s check or money order. Two returned checks will necessitate that for a period of 12 months, rent payments are made only by cashier’s check or money order.
Residents are responsible for water, electric, and cable/internet should they choose to get it. Utilities must be kept current and in the residents name throughout the length of residency. Landmark will pay for trash and recycling.
Lease Terms and Renewal
We will contact you in advance of your lease expiration date to introduce renewal options and explain any changes to lease terms and rental rates. The lengths of renewal lease terms vary, but usually do not exceed twelve months. If you choose to continue residency on a month-to-month basis at the end of your original lease term, you may be required to pay monthly rent premiums over and about the stated market rent. If you choose not to renew, your lease requires a 60-day written notice to vacate.
Transferring to Another Apartment
We want you to stay with us for a long time, so if you find your current home no longer meets your needs, consider transferring to another apartment home within the community. We will be happy to assist you in finding an apartment that will meet your new requirements.
Roommates are jointly responsible for all rental payments and lease terms. We do allow an occupant change to be completed by all roommates if someone needs to move out/in.
Upon move-out, the security deposit refund check (if one is owed) will be made out in the names of all residents listed on the lease agreement and mailed to the forwarding address provided. That means roommates will have to decide when and how to divide the deposit appropriately.
At Landmark we are committed to the principles of Fair Housing. We will not discriminate in the leasing and management of our community on the basis of sex, age, marital status, race, creed, ancestry, color, religion, national origin, gender, handicap, sexual orientation, or familial status.
These principles are guaranteed by law, meaning that we cannot and will not provide different adult and family sections of the apartment community nor require one set of rules for certain residents and another set of rules for others.
We promise to provide all residents and guests with the same courteous treatment and application of company and community guidelines.
To assure a quality lifestyle for all residents, we have established occupancy guidelines for the maximum number of persons that can occupy each floor plan type: Two occupants in a one bedroom, four occupants in a two bedroom, and six occupants in a three-bedroom floor plan. If you experience a change in family size that puts your family outside the guidelines, please contact the office to assist you with the transition.
We offer corporate apartments! You can find them here Landmark - Corporate Apartments.